Black & brown pin dots top with black zipper biker jeans, brown heeled strappy sandals.
Polka dots or pin dots never go out of style. These dots are not only stylish but also versatile and are perfect for dressing up or down days. Polka dots come in large or small sizes known as pin dots. Polka dots or pin dots can be worn with other prints or pattern for a stylish grown up look.
The key to pulling off polka dot is to keep your silhouettes simple and clean, the smaller the dots the better but don’t be afraid to experiment with big dots too.
I wore a black and brown pin dots blouse with black zipper biker jeans and accessorised with a pair of brown heeled strappy sandals, long necklace and silver cuff and hoop earrings.
How to style polka dots trend
Polka dot pants: Katie Holmes was spotted dressed in a pair of denim ankle polka dots pants which she wore with a black sweater, full brim hat, sunglasses, brown tote handbag and black loafers for a chic look. Kate Beckinsale attended AFI FEST dressed in a black tank top with a high waisted Rebecca Vallance polka dot wide leg pants and black sunglasses.
Polka dot dresses: Carolina Herrera wore a black and white off shoulder polka dot dress with a black clutch bag when she attended An Evening Honoring Carolina Herrera in New York City. Karlie Kloss attended a fancy event at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City dressed in a sheer polka dot dress featuring two straps crisscrossing her bare back and plunging neckline, white clutch bag, small chocker necklace, a pair of white pointed-toe pumps and a red blazer which draped over her shoulder. Vanessa Hudgens treated herself to some retail therapy dressed in flowing black dress with white polka dots and a low-cut neckline with billowing sleeves with a pair of black sandals, Bobby Leather rucksack, several layers of necklaces and oversized cherry red frame sunglasses.
Polka dot skirt: Billie Faiers paired her polka dot mini skirt with a navy blue blouse, a pair of Gianvito Rossi navy velvet sandals, beige chocker with matching shoulder handbag and aviator shades.
Polka dot tops/blouses: The former Miss USA 2012 beauty Olivia Culpo showed off her long pins in a pair of J Brand Natasha leather high waisted pants which she teamed with a black short leather jacket, polka dot shirt, a black studded chain bag and a pair of black high heels for a stylish look. Zoe Saldana paired a polka dot collared shirt over a grey sweater, blue jeans, large sunglasses and flat black knee-high boots for a preppy look. Ferne McCann was spotted leaving ITV studios in central London dressed in black skintight leather trousers with a pyjama style silk navy blue polka blouse, black biker jacket, a pair of perspex heel lace up shoes, shoelace inspired choker and a fedora hat. Kristin Cavallari displayed her long pins in a burgundy leather skirt, white and black polka dot blouse, earrings and a pair of black cage heeled sandals for polished look.
Do let us know if you’ll be investing in polka dot fashion pieces this season.
- Monochrome Polka dot skater dress, red waterfall jacket & red trenchcoat
- Striped circle skirt & Polka dot blouse: Stripes & Spots
- Polka Dots top with a Tweed blazer, skinny jeans & metallic heels: Mixing prints & Patterns
- Mixing Prints Trend: Polka dots & tropical print -polka dot top with a tropical print heels, cuff & large multi coloured beaded necklace
- Guide to Mixing Prints: Clashing prints
- How to wear pastel trend: Pastel sleeveless top with polka dot pencil skirt & studded heels: Street Style
- Leopard Print heels with Polka Dots top, deep purple pants & chain necklace
- Multi coloured polka dot peplum top with black pencil skirt, clutch bag & red Carvela Kurt Geiger gridlock peep toe sandal: What to wear to a Christmas party
- Mix & Match prints: Stripes & polka dots - Striped sweatshirt with side panel pencil skirt & polka dot heels