Backless ‘ankara’/’kitenge’/African print mini dress mixed with sheer sequin material: Night out outfit
Backless dresses are stylish and a great way to bear some skin without revealing too much. These dresses have been a hit among celebrities on red carpet.
Backless dresses come in mini, midi or maxi length and we recommend you choose the length that will accentuate your best features in an elegant way. African fabrics are perfect for mixing with other fabrics such as sheer/chiffon, sequin, silk, cotton, velvet, suede and even leather.
Sabrina looks stunning in this sheer sequin African print backless dress which she simply paired with black high waist knickers and a pair of black heels for a look that let the dress do all the talking.
Tips on how to wear sheer fashion pieces: It can be tricky wearing a sheer dresses without showing too much as the fabric is really light and if it doesn’t have inner lining you might end up overexposing yourself in a bad way.
- When it comes to sheer dresses please invest in good inner wear and if the dress or skirt is too transparent we recommend wearing it with a negligee, chemise or silk cami dresses.
- Opt for prints or patterns that make sheer fabrics less transparent.
- Pair sheer pieces with blazers, coats, jackets for less exposure.
- Pair sheer pieces with crop tops, bralets, vests, tank/cami tops or high waist knickers to preserve your dignity
- Choose sheer panel pieces to create an illusion
- Layer sheer pieces with miniskirts underneath them
- Balance out the top and bottom half of your outfit by making the top half to be sheer and the bottom half to be well covered or vice versa.
Tips on how to wear backless dresses:
- When wearing a backless dress make sure your skin is well moisturized and wearing a normal day to day bra won’t just cut it. You may either go braless (if you have small boobs) or invest in a suitable bra that can be worn with backless pieces.
- Some of backless dress/tops solutions is to wear adhesive bras, backless strapless bras, low-back bras, stick-on silicone gel petals, clear replacement bra tapes/straps, stick on bra cups, fashion tape to keep your clothes in place.
- Wear a long or drop down necklace to the reverse for a stylish look.
- Wear your hair up to show your sexy back
- Don't overdo on your accessories.
Hope this helps and now you can go ahead and rock your sheer backless dress with confidence
- Ankara cut out Peplum blouse
- Beaded embellished sleeveless ankara/kitenge dress & turban
- Tiffany Amber knot wrapper/ Lily wrap/ knot wrapper trend
- Velvet knot wrapper with a lace sequin top- "Akpoche"
- ‘Oleku’ fashion style: Street Style
- ‘Ankara’/’kitenge’ blouse/top with high waisted skinny jeans
- Mesh detail 'kitenge' dress: Street style
- Hi-Low kitenge/ankara dress: Street Style
- ‘Kitenge’/’ankara’ mermaid maxi skirt
- Ruffled one shoulder ankara/kitenge mini dress
- Kitenge/Ankara bralet/crop top with a pencil skirt
- African print mini dress with white contrast collar
- Flared sleeves shift ‘kitenge’ dress