Black high waisted Wide leg trousers, floral top, red stiletto heels & a large green envelope clutch : Wide leg pants/trousersTrend Alert
Wide leg trousers are bang on trend this summer and this trend is not just for six feet tall people/supermodels but also for short people. Wide leg trousers are classic and fit every shape and size. These baggy trousers are guaranteed to take you from the boardroom to a night out with the girls or dinner date with ease.
These trousers were spotted on a few spring-summer 2014 shows at the New York Fashion Week where designers such as Alexander Wang, Charlotted Ronson sent models down the runway wearing loose fitted trousers. It wasn't long before the high streets and celebrities followed suit.
Uju looks fabulous in this black high waisted wide leg trousers which she teamed with a floral top, skinny belt, green envelope clutch, statement necklace and a pair of red heels for a pop of colour to her ensemble.
The thought of wearing wide leg trousers can be a bit scary for the petite, slim and vertically challenged individuals but worry not as FashionCadet is here to show you light at the end of the dark baggy trouser tunnel.
- If you're in the above category you will need to pair your baggy trousers with a pair of high heels or wedges to elongate your legs.
- Buy a pair of loose fitted pants that are leaner on the flare and high waisted to elongate your body.
- Accentuate your waist by wearing the pants with a belt and make sure the pants fit well at the waist to help elongate your pins.
- If you're blessed with the height you can team up your baggy trousers with flat shoes or kitten heels.
- Make sure the hem barely touches the floor for a long lean look.
- Balance them out by pairing them with tucked or form fitting tops.
How to wear wide leg pants
Pair a coloured wide leg trousers with a plain white or black tucked in t-shirt, heels, sunglasses and statement necklace for a stylish outfit. Show off your fabulous abs in a cropped top with a pair of baggy trousers, clutch and heels for a polished look dinner date outfit. For an office look pair a white shirt with a blazer, baggy pants, court heels and a tote bag for a stylish 9-5 ensemble.
Share your thoughts on wide leg pants
- Denim Leather Sleeve Jacket
- Boyfriend jeans trend
- How to wear/style gingham print: Trend Alert
- How to wear leather sweatpants/ joggers: Trend Alert
- How to wear Leather dresses
- Men's Slim fit leather-sleeved cotton blend blazer
- 6 autumn/winter must have pants/trousers
- Tracksuit trend
- Sweatpants/jogging or tracksuit bottoms trend