Cut out Fashion trend- How to wear cut out dresses
Show off your most fabulous features in a cut out dress this season. If your waist is your best asset, opt for cut outs just above the hips, and if it’s your abs opt for a cut out dress that will display your midriff. Whatever your favourite asset is show it in a cut out dress.
Cut out clothing are stylish & quirky. We have spotted a few celebs flashing their flesh in attention grabbing see through dresses, mesh panels and cut out dresses which make us wonder if we’re still in summer or autumn!
Here are a few tips on how to wear a cut out clothing
- The key to a cut out dress is to make sure the hemline is a little bit longer or over the knee especially when wearing big cut-outs to help you from looking trashy.
- Wear short hemline when wearing small cut outs or cut out covered in sheer or mesh panels.
- Wear cut outs in areas that flatters your body (such as abs, shoulders, back or waist) but still preserving your modest (don’t show off too much skin), whatever you do don’t go all Alexander Jamie (see it here) on us.
- Having cut out around the smallest part of your waist is an ideal spot as will make you appear to have a smaller waist.
- Choose one or two areas of your body you want to expose and don’t overdo it.
- Avoid wearing cut out dresses to formal events such as weddings.
- Don’t be afraid to wear cut out pieces in bold colours.
Natalie Portman flashed her back in cut out dress. Her elegant dress is tailored in a shiny navy blue fabric and featured a stylish thick panel of white fabric along the bottom hemline. She finished off her look with charming black silk sling back heels
Mollie King wore a pattern mix dress with mesh front panel for Harper's Bazaar Women of the Year Awards. She completed her Gucci contrast print dress with a pair of black strappy heels, rings and black nail polish.
Selena Gomez displayed her best assets in a revealing cut out black dress from Cushnie et Ochs Resort 2014. The black cut out dress reveals the stars cleavage and a little bit of her abs and features over the knee hemline. She completed her look with black pumps, black manicure, and burgundy lipstick for a gothic look as she attended the magazine's En Garde issue launch party at Hakkasan Beverly Hills.
Alicia Keys wore a stunning crimson cut-out gown. The singer’s dress features plunging racer-back and long train, which accentuated her curvaceous figure. This cut out dress displays the singer’s cleavage and back.
We love everything about Victoria Beckham’s dress, from the length & the cut out is just perfect for a formal occasion as she’s not exposing too much flesh. The fashion designer stepped out in this black cut out dress from her AW13 collection. The dress features a cut-out bodice, exposed zip through the back and an elegant puddle train. She completed her look with black heels.
Let us know if you’re a fan of cut out dresses and which one of these is your favourite look?