Jumpsuits/playsuits are the new little dresses: all in one Trend
Jumpsuits are back with a bang this Spring-summer 2014 and they’re just as fancy as cocktail or little dresses. All in one was a fashion staple of the 60s and is now a must have item in your wardrobe. Jumpsuits are versatile and can be dressed up or down for a stylish look.
Below are tips on how to look stylish in a jumpsuit/all in one.
- Keep it long for evening and short for daytime however this rule can be broken.
- Swap your dress in favour of a jumpsuit
- For style mavens wear bold colour jumpsuits for an attention grabbing look, while newbie’s can stick to classic black jumpsuits.
- Jumpsuits can be teamed up with biker or denim jackets or blazers
- Pair them with heels to elongate your legs for an evening look or flat shoes for a day look.
- Pair it with a belt to define your waistline
Dos and don'ts of wearing a jumpsuit
- Buy the right length and fit of all in one
- Jumpsuits are timeless and classic can be worn all year round
- Do pay attention to proportion – you don’t want it too loose or too tight.
- Wear jumpsuit or romper/playsuit for formal events
- Denim jumpsuit looks better than an overall
- Don’t go overboard with prints, patterns & colours
- Don’t over accessorise
- Stay away from clingy material or skin-tight jumpsuits
Celebrities have also embraced the jumpsuit in a big way. Get inspired by these A-listers on how to rock a jumpsuit.
Jumpsuit with a blazer: Coleen Rooney looks sleek in a black Michael Kors wrap front jersey jumpsuit which she teamed with a skinny belt, black blazer, red patent platform heels, red quilted Chanel bag and hoop earrings.
Red Jumpsuit: Kate Hudson wore a red long sleeved Elisabetta Franchi jumpsuit from the brands spring 2014 collection. She completed her look with black peep toe heels and black clutch bag.
Python print playsuit: Lupita Nyong’o looked amazing in Stella McCartney python print playsuit which she accessorised with a pair of Casadei shoes, Devi Kroell clutch and Neil Lane jewellery for a red carpet look.
Floral jumpsuit: Sam Faiers wore a Lilah full length jumpsuit in Morris flower print. She paired it with towering heels letting her floral all in one do all the talking.
Sheer panel jumpsuit: Ellie Goulding wore a Matther Willimson star jumpsuit with see-through side panel when she attended Elle Style Awards.
Playsuit with tights: Olivia Palermo looked effortlessly stylish in bronze playsuit which she paired with opaque black tights, sunglasses and ankle boots for a stylish layered up outfit at Chloe show during Paris Fashion Week.
Shimmering jumpsuit: Cate Blanchett wore a wide leg jumpsuit made of shinning fabric dotted with blue and red embellishments when she attended Giorgio Armani’s swanky pre-Oscars party. She completed her look with a black clutch bag.
Embellished jumpsuit: Jessie J looks effortlessly chic in a Julien Macdonald gold embellished jumpsuit which she paired black ankle strap sandals and a black clutch bag when she attended Roc Nation’s BRITs after party.
Playsuit with fedora & ankle boots: Kelly Brook wore a Topshop metallic jacquard romper suit which she accessorised with tan Chloe ankle boots, red framed sunglasses and a fedora hat for a bike ride look in Miami.
Embroidered jumpsuit: Selena Gomez wore an embroidered pastel pink strapless Antonio Berardi jumpsuit which she accessorised with cream pointed heels.
Let us know your thoughts on playsuits and jumpsuits.