Long grey tweed coat with tea length dress, black & white strap heels & brown floppy hat: Retro style
This 1920s tea length style dresses are stylish, classy and super feminine. If you’re looking for something with a retro vintage vibe, tea length dresses are just perfect for that. Tea dresses are also a great alternative to long gowns and can be worn to black tie events.
Tea length is another term used to describe a mid-length skirt hem that hits at the calf or shin. These dresses were popular in 1920s where women would wear to the tea table. Cocktail length dresses can be a bit tricky to pull off but when worn right they can be elegant and sophisticated.
Lina looks effortlessly stylish in this tea length dress which she paired with a long grey tweed coat, monochrome black and white ankle strap heels, brown hat, skinny belt and a black vintage bag for retro vintage-inspired style.
Tips on how to style a tea length dress
- If you’re vertically challenged like me, I will recommend pairing a midi-length dress with heels to elongate your frame and create a lean silhouette. Nude heels are perfect for doing this too.
- Take the attention off the legs by wearing this lady like dress with large earrings & statement necklace.
- Choose/buy a mid-length dress that hit the mid shin (with the right length), it shouldn’t be 2-3 inches long or short to avoid looking clumsy.
- Opt for pointed toe heels and avoid wedge heels or round toe heels unless you want to look like a housewife then by all means go for it.
- Tea length dresses focuses on your legs & feet, do make sure they’re well groomed and wear shoes with interesting details to let your feet do all the talking.
How to style a tea length dress
Wear a ballerina length dress with a belt, barely there heels, statement necklace for a retro meet modern look. For an office look pair a tea length dress with court heels, tote bag and a structured blazer. For a playful look pair a cocktail length dress with a skinny belt, converse/hi-top sneakers, cross bag & long necklace for a stylish vintage look.
- Asymmetric Tweed Biker Jacket
- How to wear Calf length/tea length/mid-length hemline trend
- 9 ways to style a sweater
- How to style a Biker Jacket
- Shoulder patch sweatshirt & Biker Jacket
- Bright Summer Biker Jackets Trend
- How to wear Checked/Plaid shirts for a grunge look: Trend Alert
- Autumn/winter must have trousers
- Key trends for autumn/winter
- Military inspired camouflage trend for AW13
- Latest autumn/winter trends
- Key Fashion trends for autumn winter 2013