Mafrika Collection at Africa Fashion week London 2015 (AFWL15)
From Malawi to London, MAFRIKA is an exciting new fashion brand, inspired by vibrant African textile patterns and prints.
Sadia who is the founder of Mafrica launched the brand after spending time in Malawi working for an ethical fashion charity in Lilongwe.
She has also worked in the UK fashion industry, as a designer, pattern cutter and garment technologist since graduating in 2005.
Mafrika designs offer high quality, exclusive products that are thematically sourced and produced in Malawi. They aim to create beautifully cut garments that are wearable, versatile and enhance the dynamic colours and patterns used in African prints. All their fabrics are hand-picked in local markets, working closely with a co-operative of female traders, in order to support the industry and the slowly decreasing demand for original African textiles.
We loved her designs as they’re wearable and hit all the right notes. The models strut their stuff on the runway wearing African print culottes with matching high neck crop top, kitenge shirt with cropped kitenge trousers/pants, ankara shift mini dresses for a 1960s look, ‘kitenge’ loose wide leg trousers with matching crop top, kitenge/ankara long coat, high waist midi length skirt, Africa print kaftan top with leggings and kitenge shirt dress.
Share your thoughts with us on Mafrika collection.
- Noir ‘Embeaded’ collection at Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL) 2015
- Innocente Messy Collection at Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL 2015)
- House of Mucha Collection at Africa Fashion Week London AFWL 2015
- Kilumba collection at Africa Fashion Week London 2015 (AFWL15)
- Chiemelie collection at Africa Fashion Week London 2015 (AFWL15)
- Miizu collection at Africa fashion week london 2015 (AFWL2015)
- A-line mini ankara/kitenge/chitenge/Africa print skirt with black plunging top & nude heels: AFWL Street Style –Latest Africa women fashion
- Ankara/kitenge/chitenge/African print High neck top with black high waist wide leg loose pants, black over the shoulder long coat, gold statement necklace and bangles : Styling African style - Street Style
- Ladies men-inspired agbada worn with double denim jeans
- The African Print Jacket