Maxi Ankara/kitenge/African print gown with slit, black velvet clutch & peep toe heels- wedding guest outfit: Street Style
Slit dresses are must have items in your winter wardrobe and are set to be even bigger come SS14. ‘Kitenge’ slit dresses are great way to show off your pins & come in short, mid and maxi length dresses for a serious glamorous look.
Lately we have spotted an increase in number of celebrities rocking thigh high slits on red carpet events, which makes this trend a style maven must-have. Ankara slit dresses can easily be transitioned from day to night using wardrobe staples.
Toyosi looks stunning in this sleeveless ‘ankara’ gown which features side slit, mermaid shape and embellishment on the slit. She finished off her look with black peep toe heels & clutch bag for a stylish look.
Tips on wearing slit dresses
- Aim to achieve a classy and elegant look.
- Maintain your modesty, less is more.
- Avoid looking tacky
- Since dresses with slits attract attention to the legs make sure your legs are well moisturised
- Show one leg at the time if the slit is high (we’re not talking about over the top thigh high slit here) and two legs for normal slits. If you decide to show your pins let other parts of your body be covered unless you’re an exhibitionist.
Let us know your thoughts on this ankara gown with a slit and how you would style it.
- Ankara cut out Peplum blouse
- ‘Oleku’ fashion style: Street Style
- Mesh detail 'kitenge' dress: Street style
- Hi-Low kitenge/ankara dress: Street Style
- Smart ankara/kitenge dress with a blazer
- Ankara/kitenge/chitenge optical illusion dress
- Kitenge/Ankara illusion dress
- Ankara ruffled sleeves skater dress
- Sweetheart neckline trumpet ‘kitenge’ dress
- Peplum top with a matching skirt
- Ankara & lace peplum top
- Ankara shift dress