Polka Dots top with a Tweed blazer, skinny jeans & metallic heels: Mixing prints & Patterns
Hope you’ll doing okay embracing the cold wintery weather. I am never a fan of winter but there’s nothing I can do about it apart from keeping myself warm and wearing lots of layers.
Polka dots never go out of season; they are versatile and easy to wear. Polka dots have taken on a more grown up look covering everything from blouses, tops, skirts, shorts, trench coats, blazers, dress, knits, accessories and trousers. Whether you decide to go big or small, neutral or bright, dots are making a fashionable statement this season.
Here are a few tips on how to get the polka dot trend spot on.
- You don’t have to go head to toe dotty as you can give it a subtle nod by incorporating it in your accessories such as shoes, scarves, bag or nail art.
- For a subtle look opt for black and white but if you’re a fashion forward individual add a splash of colour to your dots.
- Wear darker shades such as monochrome black and white to make you look slimmer.
- You can also wear dots on dots for a statement look.
- Don’t be afraid to mix n match polka dots with other prints. Polka dot will look great with stripes, animal prints and floral. See here on how to wear polka dot & stripes and here on how to wear polka dot & tropical prints, see here on how to wear polka dots & leopard print.
- Always remember the bigger the spot the bigger the impact.
What I wore: monochrome polka dot blouse: Peacock, indigo skinny jeans: TK Maxx, asymmetrical tweed jacket: Primark, tribal statement necklace: BHS, gold metallic sandals: Dorothy Perkins.
Let us know in the comment section below if you’ll be going dotty this season.