Spaghetti strap cut out kitenge/chitenge/African print/ankara crop top with a black long button down cardigan, chocker necklace, high waisted trousers, baseball hat & sneakers.
Crop tops have set their mark in the fashion industry.
These tops suit every body shape/type and goods news is that you don’t have to bare it all as you can show a hint of your midriff.
Crop tops can be teamed up with skirts, jeans, trousers, dresses or shorts.
She looks effortlessly sassy in this spaghetti strap cut out kitenge crop top which she paired with a black high waisted pants and accessorised with a black baseball hat, hoop earrings, sneakers/trainers, black long button down cardigan, chocker necklace & a handbag for an onpoint look.
Tips on how to wear a crop top:
- Crop tops go perfectly well with high waisted everything although you can wear them with normal/figure hugging fashionable pieces.
- High waisted bottom half fashion pieces are highly recommended for plus size, body conscious or curvy women, so as a sliver amount of skin is showing. If you’re new to this trend we recommend baby steps by starting off with long sleeved tops or thick fabric/sweaters to ease to this trend.
- Crop tops don’t need to be too tight as you can wear boxy crop tops as long as the bottom half is fitted to balance out the look. If you don’t own a crop to you can invent one by tying up an old top or shirt to transform it into a crop top.
- Opt for high low crop tops which are short in front but longer in the back for more coverage. Crop tops can be worn with dungarees/overalls which means your stomach isn’t exposed on the sides are.
- For a winter or autumn look wear your crop top over a longer top/shirt for a perfect cover up.
How to style a crop top
Team up a crop top with a skater skirt, long necklace, handbag, blazer & a pair of heels strappy heels for a movie date outfit. For a shopping look paired a bodycon dress with a crop top, crossbag and brogues. For a girl’s night out outfit, wear a crop top with a pair of high waisted shorts, heels, clutch bag, and hoop earrings for an understated look. For an autumn look pair a sweater crop top with high waisted jeans & ankle boots to finish off your look. For an office chic look pair a short sleeved boxy crop top with a shirt underneath it, trousers, court heels & tote bag for a simple look.
Do share your tips with us on how you would style a crop top.
- Crop tops trend
- How to wear Crop tops & pencil skirts
- Different ways of wearing crop tops
- Stripe on stripe: Striped crop top, Striped A line skirt, Striped clutch & Striped Heels
- yellow Kitenge/Ankara bralet/crop top with a pencil skirt
- Yellow, green & black kente high waisted shorts with a crop top: Co-ords trend