Striped skirt & Polka dot blouse: Stripes & Spots
Hope y’all had a lovely week and surviving the terrible weather. My week was a bit busy, running errands and having meetings left & right but apart from that, I can’t complain.
I wore this ensemble a few days ago when I paired my mini striped puff/skater skirt with a polka dot blouse (seen here), stocking & silver cap toe heels. Nowadays I have been experimenting with skater/puff skirts (also worn here) which have surprisingly turned out to be okay. Spots and stripes are having a moment in the fashion world thanks to Burberry prorsum SS14 collection.
Mixing prints & patterns is fun, easy and will allow you to create numerous outfits from your closet. If you’re a newbie to this trend, fear not as we are here to help you. You can start off by incorporating prints & patterns with your accessories or wear prints & patterns in small doses. Once you have gained confidence you can go ahead and mix big patterns & prints together for a statement look.
Below are tips on how to mix prints & patterns together
- Wear prints & patterns of close/same colour family
- Wear neutral patterns with neutral prints
- Wear large prints with small patterns or coordinate a busy print/pattern with solid pattern/print.
- Mix two busy patterns & prints together for a stand out look
What I wore: puffy striped skirt: H&M, polka dot blouse: F&F, silver toe cap heels: New look, chain necklace: FashionCadet Boutique
Happy Valentines to y’all and thanks for stopping by
- Mixing prints: Polka dots & tropical print
- Snake print, leopard print & Tropical print: Clash of the prints
- Mix & Match prints: Stripes & polka dots
- Polka dots & leopard print
- Guide to Mixing Prints: Clashing prints
- Polka Dots & Tweed: Mixing prints & Patterns
- Snake Print & stripes: Mixing prints
- Optical pattern/geometric print and animal print: Clashing prints