Styling High waist jeans - High waist denim jeans with white blouse, asymmetric pointed heels & tartan jacket
Hope y’all had an amazing weekend. London Fashion week kicked off on Friday and I was contemplating whether or not I should attend it and at the end I decided not to. I love the buzz surrounding fashion week especially when it comes to street style as this is the only time you can take pictures of people without their consent. But worry not as we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest trend from London Fashion Week catwalk.
I have never been a fan of high waist jeans but I couldn’t pass the chance to buy this pair when I spotted them at Tk Maxx. I decided to wear this pair of denim jeans with a tucked in off white blouse, black pointed asymmetric heels and a tartan jacket for a stylish winter look.
High waisted jeans: High waist jeans are all about waist cinching fit. These jeans are great for accentuating your waist, elongating your pins and highlighting your best assets. These 90’s style jeans suit most people however they can be a bit of a problem with people who have very big tummy or lack in the derriere department (as these pants trend to flatten your behind) or have wider hips ( as they tend to emphasize them too much)
Tips for wearing high waist jeans
- High waist jeans are perfect with cropped top/sweaters as they keep the stomach under-wrap and reveal a hint of the mid-riff.
- Always wear high waist jeans with tucked in shirts, tops or blouses so as to show off the jean waist band and to emphasis your waist.
- Make sure the upper band of the high waisted jeans sits above your tummy/belly button.
- High waisted jeans can be teamed up with biker jacket, blazers, cardigans and denim/bomber jackets.
- High waist jeans go perfectly fine with ankle boots, heels, flats & heeled sandals, trainers or flat shoes.
How to wear/style high waist jeans
For a laid back look pair ripped high waisted denim jeans with a crop top and converse trainers. For a clean cut classic look wear a high waist denim jean with a tucked in blouse, long tailored coat, sunglasses, handbag and a pair of strappy heels, this look is also perfect for dinner dates. Pair a pair of high waist ripped jeans with a tucked in t-shirt/shirt, bomber/biker/denim jacket, cross bag and pointed stiletto heels. For a summer look team your boyfriend high waist jeans with cami/vest top and flat sandals.
What I wore: high waisted denim &Supply Ralph Lauren jeans: Tk Maxx, tartan checked jacket: River Island, off white blouse: Zara & asymmetric pointed heels: Matalan
Share your thoughts on High waisted jeans
- High Waisted Ankara skirt
- High Waisted African print/ankara skirt
- Beyonce in 'Ankara' print Cropped Tee & high waisted skirt
- How to wear High Waisted Pants with geometric/aztec print slippers
- Vertical Striped shirt with high waisted pencil skirt & toe cap heels
- Teal Green Blazer, white top, black high waist pencil skirt, tote bag & beige heels : Office chic -Street style
- High waisted yellow African print skirt with a blazer: work style
- High waist High-low ‘ankara’/’kitenge’ skirt with a blazer
- High waisted black accordion pleated skirt, leather sleeves tweed jacket & green oversized envelop clutch: office style