Tips on how to grow Natural hair
The main reasons why people have natural hair are either they had damaged hair and they want to start afresh or they want their hair to grow. Below are tips on how to grow your natural hair
- If your hair is damaged be brave and cut it off, I assure you it will grow back.
- Co wash your hair and use shampoo at least one or twice a month. When using shampoo make sure you pre-shampoo your hair with oils before washing it.
- Avoid using shampoo that contain sodium lauryl sulphate, tetra sodium EDTA, propylene glycol as they get rid of all the oil from your hair.
- Deep condition your hair once or twice a month. Deep condition promotes elasticity and strengthens your hair strands.
- Use the right products for your hair (coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, shea butter, jojoba oil). Go for what works for your hair type & texture.
- Never comb your hair when it’s dry.
- Moisturise your hair when dry.
- Use low manipulation hair style to avoid stressing your hair.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase or tie a silk or satin on your head before going to bed.
- Eat a balance diet and drink plenty of water.
- Detangle hair under running water.
- Trim your hair when necessary.
- Avoid heat, is not good for your hair and if you’ve to use it make sure you apply heat protective products on your hair before using it.
- Be patient with your hair growth.