Tips on how to shop for vintage clothes
Shopping for vintage clothes can be a bit of scary experience. I remember one of my friend bought for me some vintage pieces a few years ago and I didn't bother trying them and ended up giving them away as I hated anything to do with vintage.
I never used to go to charity or vintage stores as the thought of someone else might have worn the clothes that I wanted to buy was a bit too much for my OCD (Obsessive cleaning disorder) self.
I started visiting charity shops three years ago as the place I was living did not have a shopping mall but had quite a few number of charity shops which forced me into visiting them when I was bored.
The first time I visited a charity shop I did not last 10 minutes as I didn't know what to look at. I gathered courage and the next day I visited the charity shop I went home with a pair of brand new high heel shoes for a ridiculous amount. From that day on I kept on going looking for brand new shoes and handbags.
Next time you see a vintage piece on a hanger pause before you pass by as vintage pieces are bang on trend & are perfect ways of getting unique pieces that you won't find other people wearing them.
You can shop for vintage pieces in allocated vintage shops or charity shops.
Here are a few tips on how to shop vintage clothes
- Rummage to find a gem, be open minded and step out of your comfort zone and just go for it.
- Look and look as you never know when you're going to find the perfect gem
- Since in most vintage shops you can only find one similar item at a time it's best to keep hold of the item & try it on before someone else grabs it.
- If you fall in love with a vintage item it's best to buy it as there's a good chance you'll never see it again.
- Don't shy away from buying plus size clothing as you can alter and revamp them to your taste & size.
- If you're not a fan of whites you can dye your white vintage pieces to your favourite colour.
- Mix old with the new by incorporating your vintage pieces with contemporary pieces from your wardrobe.
Share your tips with us on how to shop for vintage