Women’s pantsuit trend: Man Up
With tailoring having one of its biggest moments yet, you couldn’t pick a better season to update your wardrobe. Celebrities have given the pantsuit trend a green light by wearing them on red carpets and star-studded ceremonies.
Keep things fun & playful with modern tailoring suit for a sleek polished look. Below are a few style tips on how to wear the pantsuit trend:
- Opt for clean cuts and fitted suits to highlight your feminine silhouettes.
- Go for a slick back hairdo when wearing suit for a hint of masculine.
- Wear classic prints/patterns and bright hues for a modern day look.
- Pair your suit with a blouse, crop tops, tee-shirt or opt for a cleavage baring look.
- Keep your accessories and make up to a minimum. A simple necklace, earrings, or bracelet works great with this look.
- Wear your pantsuit with neutral or bold colour high heels shoes to elongate your legs.
How to wear pantsuit
Alicia Keys stepped out in Bianca Spender cobalt blue pantsuit from their AW14 collection at the Foxtel Music Channel's Summer Launch in Sydney. Her hair was piled into a spiky style, she wore dark eye make up & red lipstick and completed her look with sparkle shoes.
Miley Cyrus looked amazing in demure white Versace suit which features gold safety pins near the hem for a red carpet appearance. She completed her look with a simple pair of black stilettos and barely-there make up for a winter white look.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore Antonio Berardi's spring 2014 ready-to-wear two-piece optical illusion suit at the 2013 British Fashion Awards. She wore the oversize blazer on it own for a cleavage baring look and the matching optical illusion pants which features red, cream & black giving you an impression that she's wearing a pair of thigh high boots. She completed her look with black towering heels for a polished red carpet look.
Emma Watson sure knows how to man up in smart black skinny cigarette trousers, black blazer which she paired with a crisp white button down shirt, Christian Louboutin glossy black stiletto heels, simple earrings, a silver clutch bag and a red lipstick for a splash of colour for an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman show.