Alexander Wang AW14 collection @ NYFW: autumn-winter 2014 trends
Alexander Wang presented his Fall winter 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week. His show took place in Brooklyn Navy Yard where he provided free ferry boat service to Brooklyn and back and also chartered buses.
Alexander Wang collection is based on theme of survival. 'The great outdoors, camping, mountain climbing,' the designer explained.
His collection featured tunic dresses made with the silky fabrics, comfy jackets in luxe fabrics, leather trousers, sleeveless knits, thigh high boots, shorts, coats with multiple pockets, quirky bags for flasks, lipstick, hand mirror, notebook and smartphones to survive in an urban landscape.
This is what Alexander Wang had to say 'Fashion is always evolving and changing, so why not have a location change?' he asked. 'With every kind of change there is opposition, but I think that's the exciting thing ... to keep the conversation new.' 'You want to create an experience, 'Clothes are clothes, at the end of the day. You're not reinventing the wheel there. So you want to be proposing an idea that entertains people — and gets them to come out to Brooklyn in the cold. There are so many fashion shows on the calendar, it's important to create that individual moment between you and the audience.'
Let us hear your thoughts on this collection
- M&S menswear AW14 collection
- Victoria Beckham AW14 collection @ NYFW: autumn-winter 2014 trend
- Rebecca Taylor AW14 collection @ NYFW: autumn-winter 2014 trends
- London Collections: Men AW14: Astrid Andersen, Topman, Lou Dalton and Jonathan Saunders AW14 collection
- Reiss AW13 women's collection
- BHS unveil AW13 collection
- Topshop AW13 collection
- NYFW Spring/summer 2014 collection Recap
- Latest spring summer 2014 trends
- Altuzarra's SS14 collection
- Opening Ceremony SS14 collection @ NYFW: Summer/spring 2014 trends